Dear Parent or Guardian:
Haƞ Mitakuyapi, I am writing to update you on the school’s and community’s preparedness in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). To continue our mission at C̣aƞṡayapi Waḳaƞyeża Owayawa Oṭi, we have a goal of continuing to keep our families and staff healthy and able to learn and work.
Ensuring health and safety has been our top priority when discussing this 2020-2021 School Year. With our Public Health Authority, the Emergency Operations Center, and the Tribal Council, we have intentionally reviewed the data, preparedness plan documents, family and staff survey results, and have come to the decision to continue Distance Learning with In-Person Learning Reopening on October 19th, 2020.
During this time,
- We will continue to reach out to families by either text or phone call.
- If you are in need of assistance with finding childcare or payment, please contact us. We are here to help with any needs.
- We will conduct weekly Televisits for Tuesdays at 10 AM/Wednesdays at 2 PM.
- Our upcoming dates for distance learning and services package to be delivered will be:
- Friday August 14th and Friday August 28th.
- We will be conducting Enrollment on August 4th -14th. to go over enrollment documents that were delivered during the July 31st Delivery.
- We will be conducting your child’s first Home-Visit during the week of August 31st-September 4th will be done via zoom.Your child’s First Home-Visit will be where your child meets their teacher and will learn about the classroom for the upcoming school year.
We will continue to do the best we can to provide what we are able to for our families and the community during this time. We wanted to ensure you know where to get information on any updates that the school will provide to our families to ensure clear communication on future updates. All updates will be announced through the school’s ChildPlus text system. They are also communicated on the school’s Facebook page at: Lower Sioux Early Head Start and Head Start and on our school’s website LSCWOO.com. Families are asked to look for these updates on these communication methods. We will plan on sending another letter out monthly to maintain continued updates during this time as this is an ever-changing pandemic.
The Tribe has declared a State of Emergency and the Federal Nation has declared this a pandemic, please follow the guidance of the CDC to take precaution and mitigate the spread. Any of these precautions or symptoms should be followed for the children, family, staff, and community.
Enclosure: Wasuṭuƞ Wi Calendar 2020