School Update – 01/11/2021
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Haƞ Mitakuyapi, I am writing to update you on the school’s and community’s preparedness in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). To continue our mission at Caƞ̣ ṡayapi Waḳaƞyeża Owayawa Oṭi, we have a goal of continuing to keep our families and staff healthy and able to learn and work.
Ensuring health and safety has been our top priority when discussing this 2020-2021 School Year. With our Public Health Authority, the Emergency Operations Center, and the Tribal Council, we have intentionally reviewed the data, preparedness plan documents, family and staff survey results, and have come to the decision to reopen with In-Person Learning on February 8th, 2021 with Wanbdi and Kimamana opening at lower capacity.
During this time before reopening,
- Please review CWOO’s reopening plan on www.LSCWOO.com. We have also attached an academic calendar for both In-Person and Distance learning options.
- We will continue to reach out to families by either text or phone call with all families called on 01/12/21.
- Please indicate to your Family Advocate by January 19th if you will be sending your child to InPerson learning or will be continuing Distance Learning due to COVID-19.
- Each month, a family will have until the 15th of the month (for February, you will have until January 19th) to let CWOO know if your child will be returning to In-Person learning the following month. This is to help with meal planning.
- We will conduct weekly Televisits throughout the month of January.
- Our upcoming dates for distance learning and services package to be delivered will be below (NOTE: for those choosing distance learning past February 8th, packages will continue to be delivered bi-weekly):
- Friday, January 15th
- Friday, January 29th
We will continue to do the best we can to provide what we are able to for our families and the community during this time by maintaining protocols based on the data. We wanted to ensure you know where to get information on any updates that the school will provide to our families to ensure clear communication on future updates. All updates will be announced through the school’s ChildPlus text system. They are also communicated on the school’s Facebook page at: Lower Sioux Early Head Start and Head Start and on our school’s website LSCWOO.com Covid-19 Page. Child and Family Protocols will be given out in the upcoming Distance Learning packages. Please follow all protocols.
- Staff and Families COVID 19 Preparedness Plan 1-11-21
- 2020-2021 In Person Learning Calendar
- 2020-2021 Distance Learning Calendar
- 2020-2021 Academic Calendar
The Tribe has declared a State of Emergency and the Federal Nation has declared this a pandemic, please follow the guidance of the CDC to take precaution and mitigate the spread. Any of these precautions or symptoms should be followed for the children, family, staff, and community.