Dear Parent or Guardian:
Haƞ Mitakuyapi, I am writing to update you on the school’s and community’s preparedness in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). Ensuring health and safety has been our top priority when discussing this 2020-2021 School Year. With our Public Health Authority, the Emergency Operations Center, and the Tribal Council, we have intentionally reviewed the data, preparedness plan documents, family and staff survey results, and came to the decision on January 11th to reopen with In-Person Learning on February 8st, 2021 with Waƞbdi and Kimamana opening at lower capacity.
During this time before reopening,
- Please review CWOO’s reopening plan on www.LSCWOO.com. We have also attached an academic calendar for both In-Person and Distance learning options.
- We will continue to reach out to families by either text or phone.
- Each month, a family will have until the 15th of the month to let CWOO know if your child will be returning to In-Person learning the following month. This is to help with meal planning.
- All Emergency Contact and Pick-Up/Drop-Off Forms will be updated in next week’s calls or if unable to reach family, on the first day of In-Person Learning.
- Please ensure to let CWOO know of any updates in Medication, Allergies, Asthma, or Well-Child Checks to ensure records are up to date.
- For In-Person Learning, please see attached a packet the following:
- Easing the Transition from Home to School handout;
- Arrival/Dismissal Procedure packet from the Preparedness Plan that has the COVID-19 Family Health Screening Form, CWOO Sick Chart, and MDE COVID-19 Decision Tree; and
- Please return the Preparedness Plan Signed Agreement and the All About My Child (Pink Forms)
- For Distance Learning: Our upcoming dates for distance learning and services package to be delivered will be below.
- Friday February 12th
- Thursday February 26th
We will continue to do the best we can to provide what we are able to for our families and the community during this time by maintaining protocols based on the data. All updates will be announced through the school’s ChildPlus text system. They are also communicated on the school’s Facebook page at: Lower Sioux Early Head Start and Head Start and on our school’s website LSCWOO.com.
The Tribe has declared a State of Emergency and the Federal Nation has declared this a pandemic, please follow the guidance of the CDC to take precaution and mitigate the spread. Any of these precautions or symptoms should be followed for the children, family, staff, and community.