Dear Parent or Guardian:
Haƞ Mitakuyapi, I am writing to update you on the school’s and community’s preparedness in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19. To continue our mission at C̣aƞṡayapi Waḳaƞyeża Owayawa Oṭi, we have a goal of continuing to keep our families and staff healthy and able to learn and work.
To do so, we will continue to have our building closed at least until the end of May, and will continue Distant Learning and Services that will include:
- We will continue to reach out to families weekly by either text or phone call
- Any needs (childcare, food, or other resources), please let us know and we are here to help.
- Upcoming dates for distance learning and services package to be delivered will be:
- Friday April 24th
- Friday May 8th
- Friday May 22nd
- These packages will include the following items:
- Diapers, Wet Wipes, and Formula
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack
- Educational Learning
- Please note that there will be a Food Distribution held Thursday April 30th from 2:00-6:00 pm (or until food is gone). This will be held in the Jackpot Junction parking lot.
We will continue to do the best we can to provide what we are able to for our families and the community during this time. We wanted to ensure you know where to get information on any updates that the school will provide to our families to ensure clear communication on future updates. All updates will be announced through the school’s ChildPlus text system. They are also communicated on the school’s Facebook page at: Lower Sioux Early Head Start and Head Start and on our school’s website LSCWOO.com. Families are asked to look for these updates on these communication methods.
The Tribe has declared a State of Emergency and the Federal Nation has declared this a pandemic, please follow the guidance of the CDC to take precaution and mitigate the spread. Any of these precautions or symptoms should be followed for the children, family, staff, and community.